Translate

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You Have Lost it All But God is Restoring a Better You

You Have Lost it All But God is Restoring a Better You

Good mornin.g People of Virtue. Before I leave for work this morning I want to encourage those of you who have lost a lot in your lives. I know what it's like and how it feels to have lost everything that is precious to you; material possessions; homes, cars, family members, friends, jobs, health, even spouses. Most of what I'd grown accustomed to and worked hard for many years vanished within a matter of months. Believe it or not, I even lost all my expensive clothes. Somehow, some way, my life was being picked apart and there was nothing that I could do about it. Like many of you, I was very disheartened and angry about what I thought was my life being stripped away, only to discover what my life really meant. After being thoroughly offended and even losing a pinch of my mind, I realized that it actually wasn't the devil messing with me, it was God helping me - Haha. During that time, God was teaching me that He is the source of my life, not things or people. He took it all away, so that I could refocus on what is really important to Him, and I had to trust Him.


There's nothing that you can lose that God cannot restore. If you do a study on how Gold is refined, you'll find out that the useless parts of the metal (rubbish) is called Dross. In order for Gold to be purified, the metal is put through an extreme amount of heat and pressure to separate out the Dross, or impurities. This is what makes the quality of Gold flawless, beautiful and also very valuable. You are that Gold. If God needs to remove the Dross from your life, trust Him to do it so that you become that flawless jewel that He created you to be. Remember this when you are being stripped down of the things you really thought were your life. If we stay put in God's refining process long enough, we really cannot lose. God is always building a finer product


Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment