Translate

Friday, May 2, 2014

THE IMPORTANCE OF PERSEVERING

Used with permission Joe Barruso's With the understanding also...Awesome! Many don't seem to understand that this isn't something made up. Its ALL God!! Obey, Repent & Return. Its not about US!! THE IMPORTANCE OF PERSEVERING There is a group of persons out there that refer to them selves as “standers.” They are people standing for their marriages. Their marriage is either in danger of ending or has already ended (according to the laws of man). Despite this reality and despite a world that encourages quick divorces in these situations they choose to persevere in the face of adversity hoping one day to reconcile with their estranged spouses. As a result of hearing their stories and my own personal experience with this I believe whole-heartedly the epidemic of broken marriages is a wake up call from Jesus Christ. He is calling to us to reconsider our priorities making Him, our bridegroom, our FIRST LOVE. Matthew 3:11 – reads this way; “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. In the world of Bible scholars and theologians there is a lack of a consensus on what John means by “and fire” as a form of baptism. I have an opinion about it. My opinion comes from my experience as I stood for my marriage. I do believe what John is referring to is what the Bible calls tribulations. Simply, “tribulations” are the challenges we face and the pain we endure as a result of something like a broken marriage. ROMANS 5:3-4 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Steel is tempered, made stronger in heat, in fire. I do believe standing for your marriage is a process of baptism by way of trials and challenges and large doses of pain. The amounts of pain is relative to our distance from or failure to rely on Jesus. This process of pain results in what the Bible calls “cleaving to God.” Deuteronomy 10:20 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. This is the importance of perseverance – to grow closer to Jesus as Lord of your life, as your very best friend and lover. When we do this and make Him our FIRST LOVE as our highest priority then, and only then, will everything else in our lives fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment