Translate

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Christians will stop the practice of adultery.


So many want to take a middle of the road position on divorce and remarriage. 
Where in Christ's words is there a middle ground on anything?


  "I must leave a church I've attended for the past two years because the pastor stated his compromise about divorce and remarriage to me last evening. I called him with a concern about the Sunday service. A visiting minister spoke and introduced his "fiancee." She gave her testimony and spoke of her previous marriage and why she divorced her one-flesh husband. While it was a terribly hurtful story to hear in the natural, she still has a living one-flesh spouse. When I called the pastor last evening he said he believed the woman had reasonable grounds to remarry. Ugh! I realize that adultery sits in the pews of almost all churches, but when the pastor allows it to be commended from the pulpit, it's time for me to leave. I'll pick up my musical equipment after the service next Sunday, say my sad goodbyes, and move on".

Reposted: Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment