Translate

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Do Onto Others...Awesome Word given today!

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 

Good morning,

     For the past two nights I have had a recurring dream.  I awake in a field, it appears to be harvest time, for all around I see rows of growth.  Every field seems green and opulent.  I walk through to investigate each row, touching and admiring each as I go, happy that I have such a great return off of the seeds that I have sown and tended.  The first row bears a sign in front that represents my "financial harvest return", my giving to ministries as well as to individuals.  Another row bore a sign of "my time", it is time that I had sown into people's lives, it seemed as productive as the first [being that I am a pastor, it looked alright].  On and on it went until I came to a depressed, pitiful row.  There was not much growth there.  It had been overlooked, it was full of weeds, with a few young upstarts.  It had obviously been unattended.  I started to just ignore this row.  One poor row out of so many excellent ones, what did it matter?  The sign said, "do unto others"!  I turn to leave and that's when this little old man that was working in this row came over and spoke with such strength, that I immediately knew that it was the Lord speaking.  He said...
     "So many missed opportunities to plant this seed, one that would add life to all that you have planted.  It is a seed that I prefer, to esteem those who have lightly esteemed you.  To treat them the exact way that you wanted them to treat you.  Yet, you withheld the seeds that would have caused this field to come back to you in an abundant harvest.  Many of My children let this part of their gardens become abandoned or fall into neglect.  They tend only to pay attention to their feelings here, now that is when selfish ambition mounts up, the desire to defend and protect oneself, to dictate their momentary course of action.  Here, when they do not choose to walk My higher road, they yield, with concern only for their welfare, forgetting that I Am their vindicator.  I will repay all men everything done in the flesh, and for the motives and the secret intents of the heart.  Remember always that your whole life is a garden, seeds sown that will bring an eventual harvest.  Seeds that are sown to the flesh bring only corruption.  No mater what, you must recognize that all harvests bear and produce after the nature of the seed.  That is why you must never let anyone else determine your harvest.  You put them in charge of your harvest,  when you allow other people's indifference, hatred, bitterness, rejection, or any bad feelings towards you, causing you to sow seeds from the flesh, the same feelings back to them.  Change your harvest by doing only to others as you would have them do to you.  It is your harvest after all!  Do not look at what you are getting from that person, but look with the eyes of the harvest, look beyond with My eyes, knowing that I Am multiplying your seeds sown.  Good "Spirit" seeds bring good "Spirit" harvest.  It is an eternal investment not a momentary pleasure of "justifiable feelings".  You have everything necessary to change your harvest, it is in your seed sown.  You choose.
     When he finished speaking to me.  I took a breathe and blew upon the dilapidated row and it begin to grow as if in a fast motion.  Blooms came up, colors spread all around.  The smells were aromatic and intoxicating, this row exceled all the rest.  At the same time every other row benefited from the growth of this one!
Love,

Pastor D.
Scripture References: Song of So. 4:12-16; Phil. 2:1-4; Gal. 6:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment