Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Nets Begin To Break Rejoice Ministries- Charlene

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Nets Began To Break!

One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, with the people crowding around him and listening to the word of God, he saw at the water's edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat. Luke 5:1-3

Do you believe that God can go and catch your spouse, touching, cleaning and changing their life completely? I do. I believe that nothing is too hard for the Lord God to accomplish in healing marriages or in changing your family member's lives, or friends or co-workers lives. You and I must stand in the gap and seek our Lord praying for hearts to be transformed every day!

“For nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:7

Do you know that God sent His only Son down to earth to save the world? Every day we hear from standers, family members or friends telling us about the horrible circumstances that are going on with their marriage problems. We have the solution! Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your and your spouse's sins. If your family and friends are concerned about you, ask them to fast and pray one meal a week for your spouse's salvation. My own personal heart's desire would be for one or two special men or women of God to fast and pray for your circumstances and your spouse's salvation at least three times a week or possibly fast one meal a day for your marriage. Imagine what could be accomplished in the Heavenlies before Resurrection Sunday!

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen; to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?...Then you will call and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.” Isaiah 58:6, 9

Jesus loved teaching the people in so many different settings and in so many towns as He proclaimed the Gospel. Are you listening to His instructions? Are you reading God’s Word daily? Do you hunger to hear what the Lord may say to you personally through a special scripture? That is how the Lord spoke to me all through my stand and still does it now. Just recently I wrote a question on my Daily Bible Reading Calendar and within a few days, the Holy Spirit had given me a special scripture and then I did a cross-reference to have the Holy Spirit magnify His answer to me even more. The next day I did my normal readings for that day and the Lord gave me another scripture which was a strong confirmation of the answer to my question, again. The Lord is my Husband, I want His will and way in my life. I must spend time with Him as if I were sitting at a lake listening to him teach to the multitudes. Are you willing to sacrifice some time with the Lord every day? God DOES SPEAK to His children! Are you listening?

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.” Simon answered, “Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink. Luke 5:4-7 (emphasis mine)

Did you notice Simon Peter's obedience when the Lord spoke instructions to him? Are you willing to obey the Lord as Simon Peter did? Peter knew he had been fishing all night and there had been no fish. Peter also knew that you catch fish at night, but He listened and obeyed the Master. I knew that my Lord had spoken to my heart and directed my footsteps to pray and stand for my marriage forever. I was to pray for my husband to be set free from Satan’s tricks, schemes and prison. I was to wait for my marriage to be healed and restored by my mighty awesome God in His perfect timing.

There is a time in your life when you must surrender your will and way to God's will and way forever. Stop debating with the Lord all your reasonings and excuses, but choose to sit at the Lord's feet, listening to His teachings and to His instructions for your life and marriage.

When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men.” So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him. Luke 5:8-11

What did Simon Peter see when he obeyed Jesus' instructions? He saw the power of Jesus Christ and his own sinfulness. May you and I repent daily of our own sins. Then Peter, Andrew, James and John pulled their boats up on shore leaving the fish for Zebedee and his servants to clean. These men chose at that very moment to surrender their lives to following Jesus Christ and become Fishers of Men. Have you surrendered your life and marriage to the Lord?

Now may you know that your Lord Jesus Christ wants your spouse to come to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of their life. The Lord wants to save multitudes around the world every day. Has your spouse known Jesus Christ, but has fallen into a trap of sin? Jesus Christ cares about them. God has written their name in the palm of His hand.

So do not give up, but keep praying for your spouse to repent just as David did after he committed adultery and murder. The Lord will not stop looking for His lost sheep. Will you pray with me that lost sinners will ask Jesus Christ to change their lives and hearts today? Let's pray for the all the nets to break every day this week!

Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:31-32

Believe in the Lord's power,


Charlyne Steinkamp

No comments:

Post a Comment