Translate

Friday, March 16, 2012

Psalm 40;1-2 The Lord Sees & Hears You Crying!

Friday, March 16, 2012

The Lord Sees & Hears You Crying!

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:1-2

Are you tired of waiting for your marriage to be restored? Are you tired of waiting for a promotion or a raise at work or your spouse to say something positive to show that the Lord is working on the other side of your mountain? Are you crying out to the Lord for answers? He is seeing and hearing you cry!

Today, during your devotion time, please read Psalm 40. My prayer for you today is that the very first verse of Psalm 40 will give you hope as it did to me many years ago when I was crying out for my Lord's divine help regarding our marriage problems. The Lord will lift you out of the sinking sand of circumstances that keep coming your way. He will set your feet on a rock and you will be able to stand and not sink due to all your problems. Allow Him to be your strength and your Deliverer.

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer. Psalm 6:9

David wrote this Psalm after his restoration to the throne after the usurpation of Absalom. I pray that you will be blessed and encouraged today as God sees all, knows all and is with you all the time in your darkest hours and in your happiest times.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7

The first step in seeking the Lord for His help, is that you must wait patiently for His answer, His instructions and His intervention. How often when a crisis happens do you pick up the telephone to call your prayer partner or your best friend or your mom or dad to talk out the problem? What should you have done first? Cry out to the Lord telling Him your problem and then wait on Him to intervene with His divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. His answers or guidance is going to be the best.

When you pray, you may have a thought that will cross your mind, which will be the perfect solution to the problem. The Lord wants you to come to Him for your help first, not to everyone else. He will hear your cry. He will answer you and bring you out of the very difficult problems that you are facing. He will pick you up and put your feet upon the solid rock of Jesus Christ over and over again.

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. Psalm 145:18-20

If you are a new Christian and you have never had any serious trials or tribulations until now with your marriage, you need to keep your eyes on the Lord. He will direct your steps. You may remember Bible stories, like David and Goliath, Abraham and Isaac, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego thrown into a blazing furnace seven times hotter than normal or Daniel thrown into the Lion's den. Do you remember how the Lord rescued and brought victory to each life and death situation? How many testimonies or stories have you heard from other Christians when the Lord answered prayers in the eleventh hour?

The Lord wants you to learn to walk in faith, hope and strength trusting in His mighty power when you are going through a difficult time with your marriage problems or with your children. Then when the Lord answers, you can praise Him knowing He is all you need.

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Psalm 40:3-4

Have you lost your hope or joy? Today ask the Lord to put His hope and joy back into your heart. Do not let the enemy steal any more! God is not asking you to live a defeated life every day. The Word gives us promises of victory. You need to spend quiet, quality time with the Lord and ask Him to heal your broken, wounded heart. He will do it! Then you can stand for God's best in resurrecting your hurting or dead marriage with faith, hope, trust, perseverance and joy in the Lord. Will you choose to pick up your cross and do the Lord's will? When you do, you will have a peace that only comes from the Lord.

I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart." I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness In the great assembly; Indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O Lord, You Yourself know. I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your loving-kindness and Your truth from the great assembly. Psalm 40:8-10 ((NKJV)

Your Lord God is calling you to righteousness, purity, a higher standard than the world has right now. Read Philippians 2:1-8 and Matthew 26:39. God created marriage. In Ephesians 5, we read about the husband loving the wife as Christ loves the church. We are not to give up on our spouses, but fight for their hearts to be softened and transformed! The enemy is coming against your marriage and all marriages because God ordained them.

Will you stand up for God's best and never compromise? Believe in God's power! Believe in the power of prayer! God can move mountains and part the Red Sea. He can touch and change your spouse's heart. Cry out to the Lord and wait on the Lord's timing in restoring your marriage.

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord,, make haste to help me!...Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified!" But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God. Psalm 40:13, 16-17 (NKJV)

Keep praying and believing,

Charlyne

No comments:

Post a Comment