Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

Insulted or Intimidated

Insulted or Intimidated

1 Peter 2:20-23
20 For what glory is it if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? But if when ye do well and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 
21 For even unto this were ye called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps, 
22 "who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth";
23 who when He was reviled, reviled not in return; when He suffered, He threatened not, but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously;

Psalm 3
1 LORD, how they have increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me!
2 Many there be that say of my soul, "There is no help for him in God." Selah
3 But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked, for the LORD sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people that have set themselves against me round about.
7 Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For Thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheekbone; Thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD. Thy blessing is upon Thy people. Selah

Psalm 55:20-22
20 He hath put forth his hands against those that are at peace with him; he hath broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment