Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Eze 22:30) "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall ......

(Eze 22:30) "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I

by Sharon Nichols on Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 9:28pm

(Hos 2:6) Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.

(Hos 2:7) She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, "I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.'

As I read the various commentaries, etc. for this passage in trying to gain a full understanding of what the Lord was trying to tell me, I ran across a reference to Ezekiel 22:30. This peaked my interest since this is exactly the verse the Lord gave me last year when He told me to "stand in the gap" for my marriage. This sounded like a "biblical" term to me back then so I had done a search and came across this verse.

(Eze 22:30) "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.

I knew there was a strong connection here and I began to search for it. I then went to the Hebrew and the word used for wall in Hosea 2:6 is "gader". The same word is used for wall in Ezekiel 22:30. Do you see the connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment