Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wed Oct 26, 2011 This IS for someone today!!!


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Is God Your Rock, Your Fortress & Deliverer?

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.  Psalm 18:1-3
Are your circumstances overwhelming you? Never forget that you are safe and secure in the arms of your Lord. He is your rock, your fortress, and your deliverer. He is your refuge in times of trouble. He is your shield and your stronghold. Cry out to your Lord.
O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me.  Psalm 7:1
What is a refuge? A refuge is a shelter from harm. God's protection of His people is limitless. God is like a rock that can't be moved by anyone who would like to harm you; safety and security in God's immovable strength. God is like a fortress or place of refuge and safety where the enemy cannot follow you or cannot penetrate. God is your deliverer - your living protector. God is a shield that comes between you and harm. God is your stronghold - a safe place to lift us above the dangers of life - high above your enemies. If you feel like you are fighting every battle alone, remember your Lord God is your protection and strength in your time of need. Call on Him today. Then put your trust and confidence in God completely!
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1
Do you believe these scriptures? Have you had a personal experience that has happened to you or a family member that you know that God has been your Deliverer and Protector?
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Psalm 91:2-4
was mugged many years ago when we had our Bible Study at our office. Bob did not feel well that night and he told me to call him when I was ready to lock up. Standers offered to stay and help me clean up, but I told them to leave. I could do a whole devotional on obedience! How often do we disobey or do things our own way, when the Holy Spirit is sending you help which you refuse? I walked out the door and started walking to my car which was parked at the last parking space.
Almost instantly, there was a man trying to grab my purse, screaming and chasing me to my car. I did not have automatic locks on my car, so only by the grace of God I got the key in the lock, but the burglar was fighting the car door trying to get me and my purse. Yes, I forgot the rule, give him the purse! He was stronger and he won. He took my purse into a field and took out what he wanted. I got into my car and went to the 7-11 convenience store right behind our office. I could hardly get out of my car, but opened their door to call the police.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him."  Psalm 91:14-15
Tom, our son, who was in Pompano Youth Explorer, just then "happened" to drive by honking his horn at me. I ran out into the street screaming and waving my hands for him to turn around. He saw me and within a few minutes, the police arrived. The burglar called out on my cell phone that very evening and the police were able to arrest the man the next day. He told the police where he threw away my purse and I got my billfold back with all my credit cards! God is so awesome. God was and still is my refuge!
If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  Psalm 91:9-12
The enemy is out to steal, kill and destroy us, our marriages, our children, our finances and our health. (John 10:10) But God, He is greater! He wants to be our Refuge, our Fortress, our Protector and our Defender.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.  Psalm 5:11-12
We know of many standers and their family members who are under spiritual attack right now. We have standers who are facing unemployment, housing problems, children rebelling or health issues for themselves or a loved one. Where are you? Never forget that you are a child of God. He is right there with you. Today, as part of your devotions, read Psalm 91.
May your Lord God become your refuge. Let Him become your protection in times of trouble. You may befacing large circumstances. What is your mountain? Has your spouse been calling you up and yelling at you or are you facing total silence and isolation? Has your spouse forgotten you or your child's birthday or your anniversary? May you remember that the enemy is shooting all his bullets at you to try to make you  give up and quit standing, to stop praying for your spouse and believing for your marriage to be restored by the Lord.
In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.  Psalm 31:1-4
Never forget that your Lord loves and cares about you and your family and all that you are going through every minute. Always remember that your Lord God is with you in the good days and He is with you in the difficult days. He will never leave you nor forsake you! Cry out to Him today and allow Him to be your refuge!
Be blessed,

Charlyne 

No comments:

Post a Comment