Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Praying For Open Doors!



Taken during ArtPrize 2011


I felt it on my heart this morning to share a piece of my journey with you at this moment I'm in, as I have given myself over to God completely to do with my life as he pleases. It has been amazing, wonderful, scary and trying  but most of all freeing!


In the last few months I have been crying out to God to show me His purpose, plan and perfect will for my life. If you do this be ready because His word surely is FAITHFUL and does not return void and I can surely attest to that! 


He has started connecting so many of the dots together that I have finally begun to see this beautiful picture emerging from what I used to think were miserable failures, ugliness and total chaos. Just remember, when you are going through times like those it's not for nothing and as I reflect back on those times now God allows me to see the beauty and not the pain.I was being refined in the furnace, being purified, sanctified (being set apart for His work) by Him.

The two verses God had given me during those times to stand on were:


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," Declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  and James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure Joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything..."

Now having been through a lot and giving up my life (My own plans, thoughts and will) for His sake and purpose, He has given me a glimpse into His provision for my family.Which includes a ministry for the poor, oppressed and needy. In this vision, He has given me includes a building that is for sale for $199k that has been spiritually claimed for us and God shall bring it to pass in the physical for this ministry!

We are in need of many, many things and we would like to ask any who follow what God has been and is still doing in our lives to give whatever He may put on your heart to give.We are in need of PRAYERS, FINANCES, HOUSING ITEMS (such as new clothing-accessories, new bedding ,computers, kitchen items, living room items ,beds, holiday needs & christmas decor...and so the list goes on).


The purpose of this building is to provide temporary housing for those that are caught off guard by sudden changes in their housing and finances, as well as hope and encouragement in this hour!

God's word says, " You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed." Psalm 10:17

I believe we have been CHOSEN by God in this generation for such a time as this and I also believe others have been CHOSEN by God to exercise their gifts and talents within the Body of Christ. We are his hands and feet and must fight for the calling He has on our lives! I also believe that the Body of Christ is called to give HOPE, FAITH and LOVE to those afflicted and hurting. What better way to make manifest the LOVE of CHRIST in RISING UP and answering His CALL to PROVISION in this time of NEED?

I just want to thank all of you who have been following God's will in our lives. It sure has been a journey like no other and so the journey will continue until Christ's return. I thank you ahead of time for your prayers and giving. Remember that in all things the GLORY is God's alone! We ask that you simply obey the Lord with whatever he places on your heart. Thank you again.

Sincerely Yours,
Sharon

Many of you know how to reach us Sharon.n@live.com or

No comments:

Post a Comment